We all know what a banana is and we enjoy its unique taste, but do we actually know more about this unique fruit? The banana is an herbaceous plant that reaches a height of 12 meters. There are more than 1000 varieties in the world. Their history begins in the remote parts of Southeast Asia and western Oceania. They are imported from the Arabs around 1480. Today, banana grows in at least 107 countries, with Latin America being the largest distributor / producer.
It is good to keep in mind that due to different treatments (from manufacturers), such as transportation, storage, use of different chemicals to improve the appearance of the fetus, the taste is altered and it is difficult to try 100% pure banana. Of course, this depends on many factors.
What about this beloved fruit – banana?
They are rich in complex carbohydrates, which is clear that the body processes them for a longer time. They are rich in fiber, potassium, iron, contain Vit B6, Vit C, Vit A, manganese, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, Vit E, selenium. Bananas are on the list of foods rich in Prebiotic. Bananas are caloric and it is good to be careful about the amount because it is possible to put on some pounds, especially with the delicious combination with peanut butter. It is a good idea not to eat on an empty stomach (like most fruits) because they provoke swelling.
What benefits bananas bring?
Regular consumption of bananas improves eyesight due to the presence of Vitamin A. It helps with the relaxation and mood improvement thanks to the tryptophan. Bananas help in case of anemia, also normalize blood pressure. Thanks to fiber, they help against constipation and increase concentration. Bananas help with the body temperature and for a healthier nervous system. Due to the presence of potassium, this tasty yellow fruit prevents muscle spasms. The beneficial effects of B6 help the body produce the insulin, hemoglobin and amino acids that are needed to create new cells.
In sports / training, it is good to consume this fruit, because the carbohydrates in it provide the required energy and endurance. Do not be afraid of bananas and eat freely. They are also good against the acids in the stomach. More ripe bananas are rich in more sugar, which affects blood sugar by raising it. Diabetics can eat this fruit, although there is an increase in glucose levels in the body, of course in small quantities. The interesting thing is that dried banana is much more caloric than fresh, so again and here it is necessary to be careful with the amount as tasty as it is.
In cooking, bananas are two types: Desserts that are well ripe and greens that are good for cooking. The benefits of unripe bananas are the high content of sustainable starch, which is good for people trying to consume foods with less sugar. Greens have a high content of Prebiotic, which help the health of the colon. Due to the persistent starch, abdominal swelling and gas formation are observed. Ripe bananas, on the other hand, are tastier as well and are easier to digest. It is good if you buy more ripe bananas to store them in the refrigerator to reduce the loss of vitamins and minerals.
I mentioned earlier about the amount, well 2 medium sized bananas a day is acceptable.
The banana is a great fruit, both for a basic / addition to a delicious breakfast and for dessert. Banana is a great choice to supplement with oatmeal, breakfast, or just a snack. You can also create uniquely delicious dishes. Check this delicious banana cream.
|For 100g Raw banana:|
|0.33g of fat|
Interesting facts about banana
- Bananas are year-round plants that are grown every season;
- Bananas are curved because they grow upwards towards the sun;
- The first President of Zimbabwe was named Canaan Banana;
- Bananas are harvested when they are green because they ripen when ripped;
- The banana in Latin is Musa Sapientum, which in translation is the Fruit of the Wise Man;
- There are various varieties of bananas, ranging from small sized puppies to large ones with almost the entire human hand;
- Patrick Bertoletti also takes his place in the Guinness World Record. On January 14, 2012 he set the record for the most peeled and eaten bananas in 1 minute. He eats 8 whole bananas;
- The fibers of certain types of bananas are made of nets, ropes and textile fibers;
- There are countries where the banana is grown as an ornamental plant
- There are golden, red and black bananas on the Seychelles of Mao;
- There are bananas that are bright pink in color and others taste like strawberries after being processed;
- An important fact is that among the rich variety of bananas, yellows are the sweetest;
- Bananas contain 3 times more vitamin C than apples;
- Bananas contain more vitamin B6 than other fruits. This vitamin is responsible for good mood;
- Along with their high potassium content, they also contain small amounts of the potassium-40 isotope, which is found in all natural sources of potassium. Therefore, you may find that bananas are radioactive. There is no harm in the human body and you can eat this delicious fruit.
If you know of a curious fact about this unique fruit or just want to share your opinion, add it to the comment form.
Consume with love!