Hummus with peas
- 12-24 hours soaking chickpeas
- 40 min cooking
- 5 min blending
How to make:
1 The chickpeas should be soaked in water for 12-24 hours in advance;
2 Boil until it becomes soft, or about 40 minutes. After it is ready, wait until cools down.
3 Boil the peas for around 10 minutes;
4 Prepare some heads of garlic and our ready sesame tahini;
5 Blend the chickpeas, peas, add the garlic, lemon juice, salt to taste and sesame tahini. Blend until becomes smooth.
6 Finally, pour the delicious and freshly made homemade hummus into a glass jar.
Consume with Love.
Good to know
- The steps to make and the necessary ingredients are the same as with a regular recipe (click) only we just add peas;
- You can use frozen peas;
- You can use cold-pressed oils such as avocado, coconut, flax (omega-3 rich), walnut, quack, olive oil, etc., but be careful with the amount, because some contains high calories.
- As a tip: add just a little bit of water at the beginning in order to blend the chickpeas easier.
- You can also use ready-made cooked chickpeas from the store, but the idea here is to make it as real and preservative-free as possible;